Located 45 minutes south of Albany, NY and 2.5 hours north of New York City, a newly built animal welfare facility is looking for a veterinarian with surgical skills to join the team at the Columbia-Greene Humane Society/SPCA. Duties include performing physical examinations, blood testing, administering vaccinations, and performing spay and neuter services to both shelter animals and public clients through our low-cost programs. Our assistants include a knowledgeable, experienced front office staff and committed, skilled veterinary technicians. Our mission is to provide compassionate, high-quality medical care for all animals that seek our services.
• Part-time or Full-time, no weekends, no evening hours
• Very competitive pay
• Fear-free environment with a strong support team
• Health Insurance provided
• Retirement program available
• Life Insurance provided
• Flexible days
For questions or to send a resume, please contact Columbia-Greene Humane Society/SPCA President/CEO Ron Perez by email at email@example.com or by phone at (518) 828-6044 ext. 108.
In 1955 Ella Merle and her daughter Dede Kline rose to an auspicious challenge of helping animals who had fallen through the cracks of society in Columbia County. Through their dedication and exhaustive efforts, one small building with five dog kennels has today become a multi-faceted 501(c)3 animal welfare organization holding up to sixty dogs and one hundred cats.
Over the last six decades CGHS/SPCA has expanded its services in the community to include
- low-cost veterinary services (serving more than two thousand animals each year)
- food bank (providing 25,000 pounds. of free food annually to families in need)
- stray dog housing, assisting law enforcement with cruelty cases
- community outreach
- humane education