There will be a guaranteed base pay of $95,000/year with a Pro-Sal compensation to amount to 20% of gross. In addition, full benefits are provided to include health and dental insurance, up to 3% salary matching in an IRA after 1 year, discounted veterinary services, annual continuing education expenses (within reason per handbook), veterinary licensing and membership fees, and two uniforms per year.
DVM or equivalent
If you would like to be part of an amazing team whose mission is to provide exceptional veterinary care and a warm, loving environment for our patients, we would like to talk to you!
There will be a guaranteed base pay of $95,000/year with a Pro-Sal compensation to amount to 20% of gross with full benefits. Pro-Sal compensation is increased without full benefits. We do not require that a Non-Compete Agreement be signed upon being hired.
Who We Are:
Riverwalk Animal Hospital has been providing veterinary care for pets in the beautiful Lowcountry of South Carolina since 2000. We are an AAHA accredited hospital, which means we hold ourselves to a very high standard. Our team members exemplify this by going above and beyond to provide exceptional animal care and client service. Our in-house diagnostic and treatment resources include: blood and urine analysis machines (Idexx), digital radiography (both full body and dental), ultrasound, diode and therapeutic laser. In order to provide our patients with the most comprehensive care, we utilize telemedicine services for our digital imaging studies. Appointments can be arranged at Riverwalk Animal Hospital for our patients with a board certified internal medicine doctor or board certified orthopedic surgeon when required.
Why Work for Us:
Riverwalk Animal Hospital seeks to understand the needs of our clients, patients and employees. We constantly strive to create a culture that allows for harmony in meeting these needs. We are committed to the growth and development of each of our employees, to offering competitive pay and benefits and to allowing for personal time and full lives. Our business hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Full time veterinarians are scheduled to work four days per week. After hours and weekend emergencies are referred to a local emergency veterinary hospital.
What You Will Do:
During business hours, we see both routine and emergency medical, surgical and dental cases. You will be responsible for assessing your patients, creating a treatment plan and guiding the staff through the completion of each case. Your responsibilities will include:
- Client Communication: Effective client communication promotes a high perceived value of our services as well as educates the client on how to best make decisions regarding their pet's care. Communication can be in the form of face-to-face, by phone or by email.
- Medical Records: Detailed medical records reflect our commitment to providing exceptional veterinary care and serve to maintain continuity when handing over cases on days off.
- Staff Leadership: Positive leadership skills come in the form of being able to manage appointment timing, ensuring that patient care is executed efficiently and handling issues relating to client service and communication.
Who We Want:
A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) who...
- is skilled in performing physical examinations, diagnostic and medical procedures. Surgical skills, including dentistry, are a plus but would not be imperative.
- is a team member who exercises high standards an who has a passion for positively contributing to our clients' experiences and the growth of the business.
- is compassionate and values the lives of our patients.
- is a team player and contributes to our supportive, upbeat working family.
Riverwalk Animal Hospital has been providing veterinary care for pets in the beautiful Lowcountry of South Carolina since 2000. We are an AAHA accredited hospital that sees a high volume of both routine and emergency medical, surgical and dental cases during business hours.