Owl Creek Veterinary Hospital in Virginia Beach, VA is seeking to hire an experienced Associate Veterinarian to join our practice
Do you have the desire to build and grow your own practice within a practice? Owl Creek Veterinary Hospital is a high volume, well-established, small animal hospital seeking an additional Veterinarian to join our team. With our high volumes and diverse clientele, an outgoing and quality care focused Veterinarian has the ability to quickly build their own client base with the support of a well-rounded and experienced staff.
Does your idea of a perfect opportunity include working in a family atmosphere, practicing a high level of medicine, and living at the beach? Owl Creek has a tenured, compassionate staff that treats one another and clients like family, while providing a full range of progressive veterinary services just minutes from the Oceanfront. We pride ourselves on practicing a high level of medicine and personally connecting with our clients which has created a devoted client base.
Fully equipped Surgical Suite including Digital radiographs
Basic and Advanced Dentistry with Digital Dental Radiographs
Full in house laboratory as well as outside reference lab availability
Advanced Pain Management including Therapeutic K-laser
Large Boarding, Daycare, and grooming facility
Very close relationships with local specialty hospitals for advanced diagnostics, surgery and 24 hour emergency care
· Perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
· Develop Continuity of care and trust by communicating effectively with clients and providing a High level of care leading to client retention
· Collaborate and Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
· Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
· Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
· Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
An ideal candidate should have a minimum of 2 years of experience as a Veterinarian. Is outgoing and able to easily connect and communicate with patients and team members alike. Is passionate about providing high levels of clinical care in the exam room as well as in the surgical suite.
· A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
· Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
· A minimum of 2 years of experience
Virginia Beach is one of the largest vacation spots on the East Coast and offers something for everyone. Beautiful beaches, gorgeous mountains, a fantastic variety of restaurants, a thriving night life, theatres, historic sites and the Virginia Beach Symphony. Owl Creek is a 5-6 minute drive to the beach, and a short drive away from the Outer Banks of North Carolina and the Eastern Shore.
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
Health, Dental, Vision
Annual CE funds, DEA and Licensure
and other industry perks
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Internal Number: 4371
About Owl Creek Veterinary Hospital
To improve the comfort and well-being of pets by providing progressive and compassionate care. We develop a community of animal hospitals and pet resorts that share knowledge to achieve sustainable growth.