Animal Medical Clinic at St Johns has been providing quality medical care for pets in our community for over 15 years. Our team is passionate about caring for those special family members and committed to their health and well-being.
AMC is currently seeking a full-time Veterinary Technician (Vet Tech) to help us provide the best patient care and client experience in our community. Our team oriented, professional environment recognizes that a positive client/patient experience begins and ends at the front door, with this role playing a critical part of that overall client experience. Some of the duties include the following:
· Understanding and performing veterinary technician/assistant duties; including, but not limited to: assisting the doctor in diagnostic, medical, and surgical procedures, filling prescriptions, administering medications, sample preparation, the use of diagnostic equipment, and client education.
· Ability to give injections, inoculations, draw blood, radiology procedures, IV catheter placement, etc.
· Able to comfortably and consistently lift and restrain animals of at least 40 to 50 lbs.
· Confident in handling, lifting, and restraining of animals during examinations and procedures.
· Ability to build rapport with clients in order to be able to accurately describe medical treatment plans.
· Must be able to work some weekends and some holidays.
Although experience in the veterinary field is a plus, the most important qualifications include excellent communication, a love of pets, exceptional client/patient service skills and a positive attitude. If you have those skill-sets, you’ll excel in our training program geared towards learning the operations of a veterinary hospital.
We offer a generous benefits package; including, paid time off, paid holidays, healthcare including dental and vision coverage, uniforms, and employee pet care discounts. As importantly, we’re committed to providing a career path that allows for ongoing training and career advancement with increasing levels of responsibility, and compensation, within the hospital.
Additional Salary Information: Compensation is dependent upon experience
Internal Number: 101
About Animal Medical Clinic at St Johns
In search of experienced veterinary technicians and kennel technicians