Work with a collegiate team at a 24/7, ER & GP hospital where you can pursue your passions!
Adobe Animal Hospital
May 31, 2018
Los Altos, California
11000.00 - 140000.00
Type & Experience Level:
Full Time - Any experience level considered
Canine, Feline, Exotic/Avian
DVM or equivalent
Be part of the Adobe Animal Hospital team and make a difference every day! Live in the SF Bay areas where you can practice great medicine and then enjoy the ocean, mountains and incredible food on the weekends! Best of both worlds!
Job Location USA-CA-Los Altos
Salary Range $110,000.00 - $140,000.00/year based on experience, skill level, teamwork, unique skills.
Amazing opportunity to work at award-winning 27 doctor, 24/7 GP/ER practice in the beautiful SF Bay Area!
Pursue your passion and make a difference every day! Great opportunity for growth and skill development. 15,000 sq feet; 3 ultrasound machines, endoscope, ventilator, blood bank, full ICU with 24-hour care, 3 surgical suites, 3 dental tables, and collaborative doctor team.
Incredible support staff, including multiple specialty-certified RVTs. Full in-house lab, radiology and pharmacy depts.
Enjoy a 4-day work week (1 weekend day per week) and a mix of GP appts, urgent care/emergency, and surgery. Exotics and dentistry experience or interest a plus but not required. Also willing to train in these areas! Will consider part time but prefer to have full time team members!
Looking for doctors with 1 year experience or more. We love internship trained doctors! Currently our new grad spots are full for this position.
Night doctor on every night, so your patients are never left alone but you get to enjoy your evening going out to the many restaurants in the area or sleeping! (Day positions)
Amazing colleagues to transfer the cases you stabilized overnight to for continued care
Multiple doctors on each day collaborating and supporting each other in case management
Amazingly talented and motivated staff including several VTSs to help you manage your cases
1 hour in your day for 'catch up time' in addition to 1 hour lunch (day positions)
Three full days off if you do a 4/10 schedule (your trusted colleagues will take care of your patients so you can relax and recharge)
Time not filled in with surgery or appointments can be used for learning and honing skills!
Comp days when holidays fall on your days off
Portion of unused sick time rolls over each year
Work on salary, not commission, so you know exactly what you are taking home each month and can work collaboratively with your colleagues instead of competing against them
Fantastic veterinary service benefits for all those furry family members in your life. Extends to pets of immediate family too!
Great health benefits (HSA, PPO, HMO, HMO Limited-Kaiser and Health Net, dental, vision, accident, long term disability, FSA & 401k benefits
$3300 for CE each year and up to 4 days paid
Access to online journal database
Support for professional organization memberships
Free financial planning advice to help you afford that car, house or pay off your loans in the smartest way possible
Concierge service through our Employee Assistance Program to help find places to rent and even child care options that fit your work schedule
Free counseling appointments when life throws you curveballs and you need a little advice
We are looking for 1 year of hospital experience or more. We have had a lot of doctors come on with 1 year internship experience and they have done great, so that is a plus!
We also look for the following qualities:
1. A person who is passionate about veterinary medicine
2. Previous experience managing multiple cases simultaneously and efficiently.
3. Practices high level, evidence-based veterinary medicine.
4. Diligently manages cases through to resolution using all available resources and ideas including input from other veterinarians and staff members when appropriate.
5. Continually works to improve and grow as a veterinarian including improving quality and speed of treatment as well as growing as a practice leader, coach, and catalyst for improving the operation and results of the entire hospital.
6. Effectively deals with a fast-paced environment and remains calm and positive in the face of pressure.
7. An effective coach who can help others improve their skills and abilities.
8. A problem solver who can work with others to find solutions to unexpected challenges.
9. Maintains a positive, upbeat attitude and serves as a role model who is fully engaged and committed to providing phenomenal client service and high quality animal care.
10. Makes effective, well-informed decisions that are in the best interest of the pets, the hospital, and the staff.
Additional Salary Information: Salary based on experience, special skills, schedule, teamwork, ect. Can discuss outside of this range for highly experienced and practiced doctors
About Adobe Animal Hospital
Our staff consists of over 25 doctors and over 100 support staff. With dedicated ICU, surgery and client-relations technicians you will have all the support you need to offer outstanding medical care! The doctors and staff prides themselves on the collaborative atmosphere and work as a complete medical team. The 24-hour hospital is a state-of-the-art facility, including an in-house laboratory, ultrasound, endoscopy, and digital dental radiography. Our patients are mainly small animals and exotics, with the occasional large animal. We are an open hospital, which means are clients are allowed in all areas of the hospital and can watch while procedures or treatments are performed. We see both regularly scheduled appointments and urgent cares/emergencies!